Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Unable to concentrate

I borrowed Michel Faber's The Crimson Petal and the White, a brick of a book of 800 pages or so. I figured I'd have something to read at leasure during my maternity leave, while waiting for babba to arrive.

But I CANNOT concentrate enough to get into a Victorian novel about prostitutes and sex and whatnot. And babies being fed booze to shut them up? - not the best thing for me right now. So I'll be taking this back. I need something more light-hearted. Those chic lit detective stories I bought are being saved, and anyway my eldest daughter took them to read. I'm trying not to think about how age-inappropriate they probably are... this is how desperate I am for her to read something, anything!

2 comments:

HB said...

Enjoy your maternity leave! A friend was looking forwards to hers, that would have started in a week. But then the baby came first:-) A little boy, and all went well.

bani said...

Tell her congratulations from a random Internet person! :) Glad all went well.

I'm beginning to get scared of giving birth now. :O